Wednesday, June 20, 2012

ALA12: Packing

If I'm being completely honest, packing for my first professional conference has made me want to just go out and buy all new clothes.


I don't know how many blog posts I've read about what to wear, and all of them are so ambivalent: dress professionally, but not too dressy;  it's summer so dress cool, but there's AC everywhere so bring a jacket; you'll be in meetings all day, but don't forget about the social night life part.

I'll be meeting so many new people, hanging out with colleagues from my cohort, making a million first impressions. This is too stressful.

At this point, all I've decided on is lipstick.

So, you know, if you see a girl walking around in underwear and red lipstick, that's me.

2 comments:

  1. The majority just bring their finest Crocs and call it a day. The reps working the booths out-dress this group of "professionals."
    Don't worry, I'm 110% sure that you will be better dressed than 99.999% of the librarians there, that's a Bibliotecher guarantee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks for the vote of confidence! Too bad my Crocs are at the cleaners... ;) I leave tomorrow and still haven't actually started packing yet. Eek!

      Delete