Monday, September 26, 2011

Weekend Update--Seattle Edition

20110926-140829.jpg

Seattle was a success! I had such a good time meeting everyone, and I feel very informed and ready to start classes on Wednesday. On the meeting everyone front--I want to create a link repository for other UW MLIS blogs. If you have one, please leave a link in the comments!

So, in short, here are a few highlights. While in Seattle, I

  • Met a ton of awesome, like-minded people.

  • Had good Mexican food. Yeah. In Seattle. I live in San Diego. This is a big deal.

  • Drank. Every. Single. Day.

  • Stayed with family I'd never met who were so kind and very fun (Hi, David & Eva!).

  • Rode the city bus for the first time.

  • Rode the wrong city bus, got lost, and had to call for help.

  • Ate falafel for lunch every day.

  • Visited the Burke Museum and saw some cool taxidermy & dino bones.

  • Flew alone for the first time since I was 13.

  • Bought this really cute ceramic origami crane for my office:




Classes start Wednesday, and I couldn't be more excited! This is gonna be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment